Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's been a long time comin'

It's been a good long while since I've posted anything on here, so I figured I best get back at it. I guess everyone is wondering what I've been up to since I've been so neglectful of this site . . . . well I've been to Kingfisher Lake & Kasabonika Lake for work, had a new window motor put in my car, went to Winnipeg to see Kataklysm, Unearth, DevilDriver & Dimmu Borgir (Unearth & DevilDriver were awesome, Kataklysm all right and Dimmu Borgir (one Norway's premiere black metal bands) was bunk, we walked out on them they were the headliners) at the Walker or should I say Burton Cummings Theatre, winning a new BBQ last weekend at a social (who says drinking doesn't pay?) and celebrating my second Smashaversary last night down at the Legion.

I don't normally use this forum as a soapbox but I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed: "Save the Sons of Butcher!"

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time. Thanks Buds.

In case you aren't familiar with the Sons of Butcher, it's a Canadian cartoon show about a three piece party/cock rock band from Steeltown, Ontario. It's some funny shit, I saw them play in Thunder Bay in the fall while they were out on their "Touring the Canada" tour; in fact they were filming from the shows across Canada and the show they made from the tour airs on Teletoon this weekend. You can click this link to get a short promo video with times and dates and rocking and what not.

Speaking of TV specials that air this weekend, don't miss Bob & Doug McKenzie's Two-four Anniversary Special and the airing of their hit film Strange Brew on the CBC Sunday night, you hosers. How can you not watch this? Bob & Doug are Canadian icons, and are probably the two people who are most responsible for shaping what most of the world thinks Canadians are really like . . . okay it might be stretching it a bit, but who hasn't been drinking beer, wearing a tuque while wearing plaid? I know I've done it, and I'll do it again so if you don't like it, just take off eh!

Those of you who are Bruce Campbell fans probably already know about this but there is a Bubba Ho-Tep prequel, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, being released sometime in 2008. This film finds Elvis (Campbell) shooting a film in Louisiana when he runs afoul of a coven of she-vampires . . . personally I can't wait for this movie to come out, I thought the first one was fantastic. It's not high cinema by any stretch but it's classic Campbell baby, yeah.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's Bruce's latest Old Spice commerical; in this one he lounges Duran Duran's Hungry Like the Wolf (a great song in its own right) up for a bevy of swinging beauties. It's almost enough to make me an Old Spice man.

Well I think that's enough for today, I should go and get something productive done with my days off, don't you think?

No comments: