Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yar Maties!

Well I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End on the weekend and honestly I enjoyed it. Was it a great movie? No way, not at all. Did it look good? Yes it did. Did it have so many poorly or not at all explained double crosses? It sure as shit did. Honestly I'm still not sure who swerved who and when. But no matter if you've seen the other two you might as well go see this one, if for no other reason than pirate monkeys and pirate midgets. Is there a better combination?

Anyway The Filthy Critic has a rather amusing review (as are all of his reviews) of the film here if you're so inclined to check it out. If you liked that one you might want to check out his archives to see what Filthy thought about your favourite flick.

I'm running short on time here so I'll sign off with this last bit; it looks like the people at the Silver Snail (former place of employment of Toy Goddess Supreme, and former Space TV celebrity, Sarrah Young (scroll way down for her brief bio)) on lovely Queen Street West in beautiful downtown Toronto have created another amazing window display, this time using Muppets characters to recreate the Battle of Helm's Deep from the Lord of the Rings and aptly entitling it Ham's Deep. Here are some pictures if you care to check it out.

What do you think? How does it stack up to the Battle of Helm's Deep made out of candy that I posted a while back?

Anyway I'm outta here.

No comments: