Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, May 25, 2007

Love is what I got

It was on this very day in 1996 that Bradley Nowell, front man for the band Sublime, was found dead of a heroin overdose in a room at the Ocean View Motel in San Francisco. This fact along with a few good catchy radio friendly songs have guaranteed Sublime's popularity for a long time to come, they still get regular play on Winnipeg's Best Rock and I'm sure that's true for other rock stations around the globe.

By the way today is Towel Day, and event created to celebrate the life of author Douglas Adams, best know for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (believe me the book was waaaaaaaaaay better than the Hollywood movie (although I did enjoy it, the great literal humour of the novel wasn't/couldn't be translated to the screen), even if it did have Zooey Deschanel in it, do yourself a favour and read it), and above all remember Don't Panic.

And now for something completely different; here's a sneek peek at the new Optimus Prime action figure from the good people over at RetroCrush. I have to agree that the figure looks good, not too far gone from the classic Optimus that I remember . . . will I buy any of the Transformers toys that are going to be re-released for a movie tie in? Probably not, I'm looking forward to the movie, I liked the comic and cartoon and the animated movie, but was never a Transformers collector . . . now Gobots, there's something that I might buy re-releases for, if only because they'll cost about $3 a piece if they hold true to the awesomeness of the originals.

Look it's a car that transforms into a car with the doors and hood open . .. . oooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Anyway back to the Transformers movie, seems that Chevy has themselves some serious movie tie ins and not just having a 5th Generation Camaro featured in the film as Autobot Bumblebee, originally a VW Beetle, (I believe that a Ford Mustang is going to be a Decepticon, I think the one that used to be a tank, shit can't remember his name) there's also the Chevrolet Autobot Headquarters where you can create your own Autobot.

I'll sign off for today with one for the comic book geeks, here's a very good picture of the final/Mark III Iron Man armour suit from the upcoming movie, scheduled for a May 2, 2008 debut. Looks pretty bad ass eh?

And. I. Am. Outta. Here.

No comments: