Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ba-dah-dah-dah I'm Lovin' It

According to an email from a friend of mine who lives in the city this sign was up this past weekend at the McDonald's on Red River Road in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It was there from Saturday morning until sometime Sunday afternoon when someone told the restaurant management about it. Apparently the sign was changed sometime after that.
.

.
I'll let you make your own jokes about McDonald's food having always tasted like ass, no need for me to do it.
.
That's enough local news, don't you think. How about some history, of sorts. The video I've got above was my first introduction to KMFDM sometime in 1993 or 1994 playing on Much Music late one night, yes you can make your comments about it being back when MM used to play videos.
.
We all remember that, well except for the kids today, for all they know Much has always been about trying find love for Tila Tequila and Video on Trial . . . which I guess is showing videos and rather amusing. The little gay guy from Winnipeg is hilarious . . . actually most of the jurors on the show are pretty good. Notice I said most.
.
No matter I'm sure I only stopped long enough to watch the video because of the animation, but the song quickly sucked me in and I've been a fan ever since. I even bought some of their albums on CD back before the days of digital downloads for prices running around $28 or $30 because they were imports or some other bullshit like that. Good industrial music though, and I was lucky enough to see them play at bar that's probably not open anymore in Port Arthur.
.
If you've ever been in my living room you probably don't think I need any more action figures, but this one is a must get, don't you think? There are some more pics of it here if you're interested. It's pretty bad ass don't you think?
.
How about some science now? According to this piece of propaganda eating three strips of bacon a day can give you bowel cancer. All I can say to that is if that's how it's going to be you might as well fire up a smoke with your breakfast, because Jebus knows we ain't giving up the bacon.
.
Bacon, is there anything it can't do?
.
And on the forefront of bacon technology, how about bacon in a can? Yeah at first you're probably thinking how horrible an idea that is, but then after a second or two you come to your senses and realise how awesome it is. Think about, it'd be perfect for camping, car trips (ever try to fry up bacon while on the highway? It's harder than it sounds) or your post disaster survival kit (just because the countryside is over run by nuclear zombies and roaches the size of Buicks doesn't mean you can't have a nice bacon sandwich . . . speaking of better add some HP sauce to that survival kit as well).
.
And finally here's an article from the UK about a granny who found a 3" needle in her bacon. I'm sure it was placed there by some radical member of an anti-bacon terrorist group. No doubt the same people spreading the bacon/cancer propaganda as well.
.
Well you know what they say, you can have my salty meat products when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Oh Chuck, I certainly do hope that you get (or already have) a set of these figurines by Marcel Dzama: Uzama: the monsters of Winnipeg Folklore!

http://www.unicahome.com/p15521/cerealart/uzama-the-monsters-of-winnipeg-folklore-by-marcel-dzama.html

Yeah! I know! I even want a set for myself.