Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, March 26, 2010

Let's get ready get our geek on folks

As we're all aware Steampunk is wicked awesome and this steampunk Stormtrooper Helmet, Boba Fett and Princess Leia are fine examples of the genre. Now that's way cooler than these crochet Star Wars characters (but they are cool in their own right, just not as cool) don't you think?
.
If you're down with the steampunk you should check out China Mieville's novels Perdido Street Station, The Scar and Iron Council. Not only are the really good books by a good and imaginative author set in a very unique world, they have a great steampunk flavour going on in them.
.
I can't explain why, but I think steampunk is awesome. It probably appeals to me for the reason(s) as rat rods (how could you not want to drive one or two yourself - the car perv, but hey Rock-a-betty chicks aren't so bad either), Dickies and bowling shirts do.
.
Oh and a little more for the Star Wars fans out there - in case you needed any more proof that George Lucas hates you but loves your money (even if it needs to get funneled from your wallet to him through your kids) apparently he'd like to make a Jedi Babies series, because we all remember how awesome the Muppet Babies were.
.
Since I've knocked you down some, it's only fair that I build you back up with these awesome Star Wars pics. Almost makes up for that last link don't it?
.
Ever wonder what Stormtroopers do on their day off? Yeah me either, but here's the answers anyway. Pretty cool n'est pas? I think we're about even for the Jedi Babies thing, right?
.
And finally I will leave you with a little bit of time travel awesome.
.
And with that I'm outta here.
.
PS - looks like everyone's favourite bounty hunter has fallen on some hard, but awesome, times. Check it out for yourself.

No comments: