Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Free Yourself From the Easter Bunny

If you're one of those strange strange people who can't get enough of the Cadbury Easter Creme Eggs and wish they weren't just available at Easter time well wish no longer. You can now go here to get some step by step directions to build your very own giant Easter creme egg. Just the thought of it has almost put me into a diabetic coma.

And now a little something for the wrasslin' fans out there; check out this YouTube video of various pro wrestling stars talk about the Ultimate Warrior's erratic and nonsensical interview and promo skills. Man when I was a kid I just thought that the Warrior's promos were awesome . . . goes to show what I knew eh? In other Warrior related news he has legally changed his name from Jim Hellwig to Warrior Warrior . . . and apparently it's not just because he's a lunatic, there was some business reasoning behind it as well; by legally changing his name to wrestling name he could continue to use the gimmick to make money despite WWe/F's claims to the rights . . . or something like that.

And here's for the pro wrestling/MMA fans; according to this article former pro wrestler, and current MMA fighter, Sean O'Haire was involved in a fight outside a bar and ended up on the losing end of the deal with a broken orbital bone and skull fractures. Doesn't bode well for his shoot fighting skills, but maybe he was hammered or something.

So in honour of wrestling gone wrong, here's a video compilation of a bunch of blown spots, a rather cringe worthy video if I ever saw one , , , although this might be the ultimate make you cringe wrestling video, or at least the worst that I can think of.

Here's some good news for horror film fans; the trailer for the Rob Zombie directed remake of John Carpenter's Hallowe'en, starring starring none other than our little Droogie Alex (aka Malcolm McDowell) as Dr Loomis and the ever lovely Sheri Moon as Deborah Myers (Mike's mum if I remember right), is online here if you want to check it out. I don't know if this remake was really necesarry, I watched the original this past Hallowe'en and it's as good as it ever was, but damn if Zombie's other two films (House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects) weren't fantastic so I'm going into this one with high hopes . . . I just have to wonder why release Hallowe'en in August? Is an October 31st release date too much?

Also the trailer for the sequel to 28 Days Later titled 28 Weeks Later, is online here. 28 Weeks Later obviously takes place 28 weeks after the zombie disease outbreak that wipes out most of the humanity, or at least the UK, in 28 Days Later. I thought that the first one was a topshelf film and way better than your average Zombie Flick so I'll defo be checking this one out sometime . . . and depending on when/if our local theatre reopens well past the May 11 release date.

Since we're talking movies, here's a compilation complete with clips of the ten best car chases in movie history; all I really have to say about that is I completely agree with their number one pick and if they would have done differently I either would have ranted about it, or not posted the link. I haven't seen the original Gone in 60 Seconds, so that's one I'd like to viddy for sure . . . I mean how can you pull off a 40 minute car chase? Maybe after watching it I'd change my mind about the greatest movie car chase?

Speaking of car chases, the new tires for my car are in . . . now I just need the rest of the snow to melt and the salt and sand to washed off the roads and I'm back to rolling in style.

Later.

No comments: