Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, April 23, 2007

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr Maties!

For those of you who can't get enough of all things piratical then CBS' upcoming new reality show Pirate Master could be for you. You can read all about it here if you're so inclined; if you don't you might get keelhauled. This is one reality show that I might give a chance . . . but we'll see, will the coolness of pirates balance out the lameness of reality TV? Only time will tell.

And just in case you thought pirates were a thing of the past, authorities are currently having problems with pirates in the Mallacca Strait, between West Malaysia and Sumatra, you can read more about it here. And here I learn this just as I am considering going to Malaysia on holiday.

It's been a while since I posted some movie news, or anything for that matter, so let's get to it. According to this article it's time to fire up the Orgasmatron again; Kate Beckinsale is going to be the one to play Barbarella in the remake of the 1968 classic erotic sci-fi comedy starring Jane Fonda. I tried to check IMDB to see if they had news about it but they want me to sign up for an IMDB Pro account to get at the info . . . they better not start doing that for everything or I'll take my business elsewhere . . . where it's still free . . . I might have to start slumming at AllMovie again.

There is also a remake of Clash of the Titans scheduled for release in 2010. I tried for info about it on IMDB but was again hit with the ultimatum of the IMDB Pro account. Even though the effects were cutting edge from the 60's I loved that movie to death, and if I see it on TV now I will still watch it . . . at least for a little while. Here's the IMDB page for the 1981 original in case you're not familiar with the movie, and if you're not I guess you didn't have TBS on your cable package . . . and since I mentioned it, I don't like the 'new' TBS.

When all they were about was 7 day James Bond movie marathons, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, edited to shit 80's teen comedy movies and Georgia Championship Wrestling I was all for them, but now they're just showing sit com reruns and modern romantic comedy dreck movies. Boo-urns to that..

And I'd like to leave with a big up yours to all the smug Mac users out there as apparently Apple has released a megapatch that is to correct 25 of the invulnerable Mac's vulnerabilities. To quote the always great Nelson Muntz "HA HA!"

And with that I bid you good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I always thought Clash of the Titans would be an AWESOME movie to remake considering the advancements in CGI etc.

I'm still mourning the fact that Canadians can't enter the pirate game... blah. We need to start a campaign Chuck!! Let the Canadians in!!

BTW, Lloyd Alexander is an awesome writer.