Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, April 02, 2007

The Truth Is Out There

According to this article the ever lovely Gillian Anderson won't be reprising her role as Dana Scully in the supposedly upcoming X-Files sequel and the role will be filled by none other than Amber Waves (Boogie Nights reference if you haven't seen it) Ms Julianne Moore.

There was a time when I thought that I was a Gillian Anderson fan boy, but then I saw an interview with her on Leno and that totally destroyed it for me and made me realise that I was a Dr. Dana Scully fan boy. There's a big difference, really. Honestly.

Anyway back to the X-Files movie sequel; will I go see it? Probably will . . . I was a big fan of the TV series . . . or at least I was up until the first movie came out, I stopped watching regularly and pretty stopped stopped watching completely within a year of the movie being released. Were the two related? Maybe. Did it have anything to do with watching free wrestling PPV's 2 - 3 Sundays a month? Probably.

If you're a regular you know that I've mentioned Neil Gaiman and his upcoming movie release Stardust; well in case you're wondering what the fuss is about and haven't the time or drive to read one of his books the trailer for Stardust is now online on the official movie website.

One last geek movie bit of info for today, and it may result in a little bit of heartbreak (I know it did for me); according to this article the producer of the upcoming live action Speed Racer movie (scheduled for release on May 9, 2008), Joel Silver (producer of the Matrix & V for Vendetta amongst others), has stated that the movie will be rated G. Boo-urns to that . . . and I was looking forward to seeing this movie until I read that. Although I'm still wondering who will play Trixie and will Chim Chim be CGI or a real chimp? And just in case you're really into Speed Racer here's a Trixie costume for you to dress you're special lady or real doll up in.

Well here's to hoping that his remake of Logan's Run will be more on the mark.

If it's a laugh, or at least a chuckle, you're after how about comedian Stephen Lynch's song about the Special Olympics? If you liked that one his D&D song is pretty amusing as well . . . but maybe that's just the geek in me talking.

And today I'll leave you with a sure fire way to offend your Christian friends, Devine Interventions - a website selling religious themed sex toys. Gotta wonder who's buying this stuff?

And with that I bid you good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any movie with pirates in it, has GOT to be cool! LOL That looks right up my alley and I can't wait for it to come out! Awesome! Do you suggest I read the book first? lol dumb Q.

Chuck said...

Always . . . well maybe not necesarrily before but read it at some point; Neil Gaiman is a great writer.

Stardust was the first novel of his that I read, but I had read his Sandman comics published by DC before that. He hasn't disapointed me yet, and that's saying something . . . I think . . . but maybe I have poor taste in writers