Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Monday

Hey we're back and we're writing, after a couple of lazy posts on the weekend, but it's more than what you usually get out of me on a weekend and hopefully it was amusing . . . if not humourous hopefully you're at least into pictures of drunk girls on toilets, and sometimes improvised ones.
.
Well I said I was going to get the new Toadies album, and I did. See a man of my word I am, generally anyway. As for No Deliverance, if you like the Toadies, you'll like this record, if you don't like the Toadies, well then you have questionable taste in music.
.
Speaking of questionable taste in music, Metallica has released the first single off their upcoming record. You can listen to The Day That Never Comes streaming online here if you're interested. Me I think I like it (then what am I so afraid of?), but that being said I think it could stand to be more rocking. But I do want to hear the rest of the album, and hey, it can't be worse than St. Anger.
.
Well I guess the Olympics are finally over and I get back to regularly scheduled television viewing, and since it was just the summer Olympics I pretty much mean Coronation Street on the CBC Sunday mornings. Now that's good times. The real bitch is going to be when the Winter Olympics comes on and fucks up my first run winter TV viewing - strike last year, Olympics this year.
.
I am honestly a little disappointed in all you bleeding heart soap dodgers out there, I was expecting more hub-bub and protestation over the Olympics in China, I mean aren't there countless human rights and environmental violations that everyone is so upset about over there? Something about the Dalai Lama? Tibet? Lead paint in toys (after all lead paint is the tastiest)? Ugly girls not being allowed to sing on TV (just like in North America, what's the big deal there)? Being hungry 30 minutes after you eat their food?
.
Maybe it's like in ancient Greece and all fights are put on hold until the Olympics are over.
.
Maybe nobody really gives two shits as long as they can still get some cheaply made flat pack entertainment units and t-shirts over at the Wal-Mart or some knock off DVD's of films still in the theatres so they don't have to put up with the rest of the unwashed masses in order to watch Kung Fu Panda while they cheer on their countries elite, sometimes, amatuer athletes as they match up against the best the rest of the world has to offer.
.
But enough of the pissing and moaning for now, how about a good bit of health information from Ernest Borgnine, aka the voice of Mermaid Man? Little did I know that secret to eternal youth was in the palm of my hand? This is good news, good news indeed.
.
Well I think that's about her for now, but since it's been a while since I gave you some giggity, here's a bit to tide you over. Looks like none other than the lovely Miss Dita Von Teese has teamed up with Wonderbra to release a limited edition line. You can check out some pictures of Dita modelling the gear here. All I can say is I'll take two.
.
Thanks

No comments: