Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meanwhile back at the ranch . . .

Well I'm back again - I've been on holidays from work the past couple weeks so I've been too busy doing other stuff to get on here. You may ask what I've been up to since I wasn't wasting time here entertaining you lot, well I was fishing, biking,

.




.

roasting pigs,
.


.
going to weddings (don't worry none of them were mine, if it were of course I would have invited all of you), binge drinking, finally saw The Dark Knight (and it was soooo-oh awesome, it was the Batman movie they always should have made - it's too bad we won't see Heath Ledger as the Joker again . . . maybe as Solomon Grundy (ohh hey who said that?)), some lazing about and a little general TCB.
.
You'll also be happy to hear that I finally sampled the bacon vodka that I made over my hols, and it was awesome, it got some great reviews from the crowd. It has a real smoky, greasy taste to it, you definitely know it's bacon vodka. One fan proclaimed it to be like drinking pork rinds. Now how much better than that can you get eh? If you want to make your own here's the recipe link again; though when I made it I used a full 26 ounce bottle of Absolut and I think five strips of the thick slice bacon. If you want to shave some years off your life there's no better way to do it that I know of.
.
But enough of that, let's get down to bidnizz bitches.
.
Maybe we can start with a couple photo collections. Check out these collections of cool photos of abandoned places, first one here, second one here. The photography and/or photoshoppery is fantastic. Maybe someday I can BAM my picture skills a notch or two. I guess a good start would be taking a course or reading a book instead of just pointing my camera at stuff and pressing the button. But who has the time for that?
.
Speaking of abandoned places, how long do you have to leave a place alone to have a tree start to grow in a pile of old books and papers? Well that's exactly what happened at a Detroit school book repository, check out the photo here, it's just a small sapling but you can see it. Amazing stuff, nature really will over come . . . once we aren't around here to fuck with it. Not that I'm a proponent of exterminating the human race to save mother earth or anything crazy like that.
.
If the photos of the places left to rot and ruin have brought you down, maybe you should check out these photos of a rather un-abandoned place, New York City, from the 1940's. There are some really cool shots in there.
.
If you're a regular reader you'll remember the Thai prison thriller dance I posted a while back, well here's one for the geek set, it's a Darth Vader/Storm Trooper Thriller Dance. You know these guys are totally going to be tapping some sweet Slave Leia ass because of this.
.
Time is running short so I think I'll leave with the theatrical trailer for the movie Bitch Slap, to be released this Christmas time, because nothing says Christmas like car chase, titty showing, fist fighting exploitation films. This film is looking so bad ass it's not even funny. I know I want to see it, from here it looks like it's got cult classic written all over it.
.
And I'd like to leave you today with a lovely de-motivational message. You know it's true, and yet some how you have to find a way to go on.

No comments: