Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Heart Attack! Heart Attack Man!

Everybody knows that bacon (everything's better with bacon), cheese, hot dogs (okay that's pushing it) and deep fry are awesome right? Well someone got the brilliant idea of combining these all into one delicious taste treat. You can check it out here, be warned just looking at the pictures will spike your cholesterol levels a few points.

I don't think I'll make them myself, but if you do let me know and I'll help you taste test them. Perhaps with Fried Oreos for dessert?

Since we're talking food, it's the end of an era, England's most famous of all brown sauces, HP Sauce, isn't going to be made in England anymore. In a cost savings measure brand owners Heinz are moving production from Birmingham to the Netherlands. Here's an article from the Sun if you're interested. Imagine your home town saturated with the smell of HP Sauce? I like the stuff but that might be a little much . . . although it's got to be better than the pulp mill in downtown Shelbyville.

And since I mentioned Heinz up there, how about celebrating your next big occasion with custom labelled ketchup bottles? I think that would be cool, but when would you need a whole whack of custom labelled ketchup bottles? Shit when wouldn't you . . .

Well that's enough food talk for now, onto the movies. Here's the official Stardust movie site. I'm sure I've flogged this movie here before, but it's based on an awesome Neil Gaiman book (is there any other kind?) of the same title and hits theatres on August 10. This is movie I will definitely be seeing, it's a really good story and there's a load of big time actorbs in it.

I'm hoping that this movie does well and is a well done so that other Gaiman stories get flipped to the big screen. It's a wait & see I suppose.

One last bit, here's Entertainment Weekly's list of the 50 Best High School Movies. Although it's not a bad list, if you're into movies it will surely bring back some nice remembrances, but I can't say that I agree with all the picks, but who ever does? I have to say that I think it's wicked, and more than a little surprising, that Rock 'n' Roll High School broke the top 20; but I do think that Election (if you haven't seen it watch it, it's awesome) and American Graffiti should have scored higher on the list . . . and putting the Breakfast Club in at number one (hope I didn't spoil the fun of reading the list for you) was a little predictable . . . but not a bad choice either.

But as always just one man's opinion.

In case you're wondering I did the CBC Test the Nation quiz online last night . . . have you played yet? If you tell me how you did, I'll let you know my score. Via email would prob be best, eh?

Sorry nothing bad about Sioux Lookout this time; maybe next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously... where do you FIND this crap?? LOL Those bacon hotdog thingies... HOLY COW!! or Pig rather.

Anyhow, that's just SICK... But I'd try a piece if someone made one. Maybe next time you visit Winnipeg, we should all get together and make them? ewWWwwWWW LOL

Chuck said...

Gord bless the interwebs eh? Some of it comes from surfing, emails or link collecting sites . . . I think that making/eating them would have to involve pouring a few beers down my neck first, during and after . . . I bet their tasty though . . . I wonder if they'd be best with brown sauce or a sweet chili sauce?

What do you think?