Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Late Breaking Story on the CBC

Well the local TV guide fiasco has hit a new high, or low depending on how you look at it, it has made the CBC website. You can read the CBC's article here. If you bothered to read the local paper's article on this you'll note that the CBC's version has more actual information in it, but only I gave you the links to the actual Wikipedia pages in question.

Here's to you Sioux Lookout Bulletin and your strict no controversy & investigative reporting rules.

But enough of that, now onto something important . . . funeral plans. I had thought I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted my funeral to be like, but after seeing Strongbad's funeral plans in his latest email I think that I may have some reconsidering to do. I wonder where I can get a big enough Mason jar.

Since we're talking funerals, we might as well talk headstones too. Check out these Russian Mafia headstones. Pretty amazing, eh? I think I want a headstone for my car now too.

Here's something for the trivia lovers in the room - the 30 Most Interesting Deaths in History. I think that overall the moral of these stories is that unchecked infections are bad, soap, water and antiseptic good. I found Jack Daniel's story to be particularly interesting . . . in fact I was thinking about going into work early this morning, but now I'm not going to for fear it will kill me; and none of us want that. Especially since I haven't been able to source a large enough Mason jar yet.

Well that's enough for today, later gators.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!! You're FAMOUS! What a big "to-do" eh? Geeezz crazy stuff.

BTW, those gravestones... WOAH... that's a bit freaky... I mean, I can see how some would find that to be a fitting tribute to a loved one, but it's also a bit creepy... especially because the entire cemetery is almost full of full-sized effigies. creeeeeeeepieeeeee

Chuck said...

Yeah defo much ado about nothing as far as I am concerned too . . . as for the headstones, I didn't really think creepy, just strange, but it's not something that I'm not used to.

In all honesty I don't want a headstone of my own, I'd rather have my ashes spread out somewhere. The money spent on death makes no sense to me