Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm running off the rails on a crazy train . . .

For those of you who might not know today is the 25th anniversary of the death of Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, and founding member of Quiet Riot, Randy Rhoads. Mr. Rhoads was killed on the Diary of a Madman tour after the plane he was flying in buzzed the band's tour bus and clipped the wing of the plane, then crashing into a nearby farmhouse.

Today is also the 17th anniversary of the heroin overdose of influential, and often forgotten, Seattle band Mother Love Bone frontman Andrew Wood. More proof for the heroin might be bad for me, but it's great for my record collection argument.

Here's a little trivia for you, a couple of the guys from Mother Love Bone (Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament) went onto form another Seattle band, that you're all probably a little more familiar with, Pearl Jam . . . everyone's favourite band named after a bodily fluid.

Did anyone watch the CBC's Test the Nation last night? How'd you do? I have to say that I wasn't too suprised with the outcome . . . I mean I would want my Doctor to be smart and you'd expect that if a person was self made millionaire they'd have to be somewhat intellegent, right?

I meant to watch and play along, but I forgot about it being on, so I missed most of it, watched some of it . . . you can still take the test on line at the CBC website, see the link I posted at the start of this paragraph, so I might do that just to see how I stack up.

And since we're sorta on the topic . . . ever wonder how you're Doctor stacks up, how they're liked or people's opinions of them? Well wonder no longer, thanks to the Rate MDs website you can check all that out and leave your own comments. My Doctor is on there, is your's? And here's the guy who put the screws in my ankle a couple years ago.

Well I think that's all for all now . . . got to get ready for and shovel a little . . . is it still snowing? Check the weather - link at the side.

And I am outta here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched some of the Test The Nation... but got some phonecalls and had to shut it off.

What I didn't like was that stupid female host reading out the questions all the time. GAWD!!! I READ faster than she does so it was TOTALLY annoying. I had to turn the sound off.

I did alright on the warm up Qs... it's just the math stuff I am terrible at. SERIOUSLY... I still count on my fingers. hehehe

ttyl!