Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, March 02, 2007

Meep Meep!

Check out this commercial for the 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner starring none other than the the Warner Brothers Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote. In fact Dodge spent a load of money to make the horns on these cars sound like the Roadrunner in the cartoon.

Now it's no secret that I'm not a Mopar man, in fact if you cut me I'll bleed Chevy Orange, but I will admit that during the muscle car hey day Dodge built some bad ass automobiles.

There was no arguing with the 'Cuda, Charger (the General Lee was '69 Charger R/T), Challenger or the Daytona . . . in fact when I was going to College in Thunder Bay there was a Superbird that lived there, now that was cool seeing that. Hell there's no denying that the Hemi still hold special reverance for car guys (and gals) all over . . . why else does Dodge flog it so hard in their commercials.

Since we're on the topic, I loves me some newstalgia and I think Ford did it up right with last release of the Thunderbird (it looked best with the hard top with the portal windows on it in white . . . think I saw American Graffiti at an early age?) and did a pretty good job with the new Mustangs (but not as good as the TBirds) but man did Dodge blow it with the new Charger. It's a cool looking car, but as lame as the Charger got in the late '70's it never had four doors. They should have called this car something else instead of dragging a legendary name like Charger through the mud like that.

Now the new Challenger concepts are looking pretty awesome in my humble opinion. All I can say is at least Chevy isn't bringing back the Camaro as a front drive V6 grocery getter. Don't get me wrong I still get groceries in my Z28 (and I'm never late in my Z28) just not a whole lot of them at one time . . . but there is room for one cooler in the trunk . . . and only because I didn't order T-Tops.

Enough of the car talk for now, I'll leave with this awesome quiz, Boobs, Butt or Shoulder? It was harder than I thought it was going to be, which is pretty obvious since I scored a pitiful 9/20. I guess that means I've been grabbing at the wrong bits all this time?

Later

No comments: