Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm turning Japanese . . .

Anyone out there own a rice cooker? After a brief conversation with a coworker about them I'm thinking about getting own for my own self, was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to look for or a good model to buy or almost anything rice cooker related. Any recipes (I do like flavouring rice) you want to share would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

And just to prove how Asian I'm becoming, here's a link to the Official Ramen Homepage, complete with recipes (you many want to try adding a tablespoon of mango chutney to boiling water and noodles if you're into eating your ramen soup style). Man some people take their Ramen pretty seriously.

Now let's step away from the Asian cuisine (okay one more I'm also after some good curry recipes, especially some fish curries, so if you've got some hook a brother up) and get onto the public service announcement ticket.

Last week I received several copies of the same or similar email from various well meaning people about a new gang in Thunder Bay (from Winnipeg of course) snatching and raping women as initiation; if you live in the region and saw that email as well you can rest a little better now as according to the Thunder Bay Police it's not true. Of course you can always opt to believe that the police are just trying to cover these horrible crimes up, which is, of course, your right.

It's no secret that I like music, I'm a big fan and I think I have a great and varied tastes in music, and it's everyone else's that's shitty, but man am I disappointed with Rolling Stones Top 100 Songs of 2007. I only know one of the songs in the top four and I don't think it's at all good . . . but maybe I'm just out of touch with what's cool? Maybe, but then again I've never been huge into top 40 music.

Yeah I guess I'm an elitist music snob to a point, after all we all know that if you listen to popular music you're not as cool as those of us who listen to the bands you've never heard of. But honestly I'm cool and can probably recommend something that you'd like.

Anyway here's a website that the subversive photographers will get a kick out of; Strictly No Photography, a collection of photos of signs/places telling you that you're not allowed to take pictures there. In fact this one is my new wallpaper. Naughty Naughty!

And I think I'll sign off today with an article, albeit is several months old, makes total sense to me and backs up an unpopular statement that I made at work a while ago; nut allergy boy barred from school as a ‘health hazard’. Honestly it's hard to argue against the good of the many out weigh the wants of the few right? Well of unless, of course, *I* happen to be one of the few, then it's a completely different story, innit?

Okay I lied, I'm going to sign off with more pics of Miss Spears flashing her hippo yawn for all to see. Enjoy.

That's it for realz now.

No comments: