Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby it's cold outside . . .

. . . well okay not that cold yet, I mean I can't do this, but old man winter finally realised that he was due to stop into my lovely little town, and he has done so. But at least so far it's not with avengence.
.
Speaking of cold, after reading this article made me think that I should get some heated seats for everything I own. Maybe even a portable one for when I'm flying up north.
.
Or maybe I just need to say screw it to the cold and move to Australia, made all the more appealing because of the apparent "man drought" that they're suffering from there. Can't says I noticed that when I was there, but then again it's not like I was out in the thick of the nightlife on the pull. But all the ladies working at the tourist destinations and the like who I joked about wanting me really were chatting me up?
.
But then it is Australia, the coast beautiful, the beer plentiful the people friendly, but shit they've also got real drought to go with their man drought, and I think everything there is poisonous. Well okay not quite everything, but I believe that the general rule of thumb is the prettier something is, the more poisonous it is. And yes that does apply to the women as well.
.
Not to mention the heat . . . there's got to be some place in the world where I can move to where I won't need to run heat or air conditioning. Any suggestions? Maybe somewhere in the south of France? Coastal Spain? I'm not sure these are just guesses. I haven't been doing any research on the subject to be honest.
.
But if I moved away from here I'd sure I'd just piss and moan about the crime or the bugs or the snakes or the lack of snow and how the snot never freezes in my nose anymore when I go outside or the Gyppos or the low cost of booze and being allowed to drink it in the park.
.
Yep, but no matter where you go, there you are.
.
Maybe you're planning to do some travel, or planning to plan to do some, watch out for the Lonely Planet travel books. It seems that an author who worked on more than a dozen of the books in the series has claimed that he plagiarised (not so bad, not ethical but not that bad for you as long as the source was good. Don't be too quick to judge if you work at a desk I'm sure you've "cut & paste" from someone else's document. Guess what? That's plagiarism) and made up (okay now that's bad if you're using his advice) large sections of his books. You can read more about it here if you're interested, or maybe you'd rather keep your head in the sand.
.
Oh well what can you do? But hey, have you seen? It looks Ironman has been drinking too much beer and eating too many hot dogs. But hey check out what is quite possibly the coolest Storm Trooper ever. Hail to Emperor baby.
.
It's time to shift gears a little, but only a little, because this next link will combine geekery and rock and roll. Check it out, it's 20 album covers recreated in Lego, with handy pics right there of the original in case you aren't familiar with it. My only complaint is there's too much of the Beatles there, otherwise it's pretty cool . . . but then again I still like to play with Lego, so maybe I'm a little biased.
.
Anyway I think that's about it for today, I'll leave you with a link to a pic that's quite similar to a poster I've got up in my porch. I think it's cool and that's all that matters.
.
Later.

No comments: