Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, November 14, 2008

Fly Fly Away

Well it looks like my lovely little town's Junior A hockey team the Sioux Flyers of the Superior International Junior Hockey League, that just started this season, is on its way out with the owner and coach/manager both walking away from the team.
.
I may have said this in an email I sent last night, but I don't care about this team and whether or not it folds or survives, but you might, so in case you are and feel like being hit up for donations go to the Knights of Columbus Hall here at noon today for an emergency meeting, which despite what the poster says that I saw posted up at Robin's Donuts and that someone emailed me last night has not been moved to King Street, it's still where it always was. It's little things like that that help to make it clearer why the team is in a bad way.
.
Here's what CKDR has to say about the meeting.
.
I've got a pretty good idea of what the result of this emergency meeting will be, and I tip my hat to the kids on the team to say good bye. Although going to this meeting might be a chance to actually see the team since I haven't noticed them making much of attempt to get out into the Community and make their presence known, you know the whole kissing hands, shaking babies thing . . . but then again I'm not out in the Community either so unless these guys came by my living room I probably never would have seen them, and no don't get ideas I don't want that to happen.
.
No well, good luck Sioux Flyers . . . I was really looking forward to not going to any of your games.
.
But hey enough of that, let's get down to bidnizz bitches. How about we take a look at a couple new posters for the new Star Trek film scheduled for a May 8 release? How awesome does Sylar look as Spock in the one poster? As awesome as the posters be prepare for a bit of a Trek related let down . . . let's have us a look at new Enterprise.
.
It would appear that the good people over at Trek, who hopefully hate time travel story arcs as much as I do, have been saddled with a bit of Lucasism and forgot something about technology, it gets better as you go into the future, not the past and the Enterprise they've created for a movie set before The Original Series in the Trek time line has the most futuristic and fancy looking ship to date. Make sense to me this does not.
.
I mean sure make the effects better, but really the ship should look like the one from the Original Series, just with more realistic space backgrounds and fewer sentient gas/energy cloud monsters. Or am I the only one who feels this way? Or better question am I the only one who cares? Probably.
.
As I'm sure you're aware Christmas is coming, so you'd probably start to bone up on your Christian lore and legend. Since I'm a nice guy I'll help you out a bit here, first off here's a collection of 40 Awesome Versions Jesus guaranteed to offend almost any God fearing Christian for your viewing pleasure. There are some top quality pieces in there for sure.
.
All right now that you remember what Jesus looked like, some of his many adventures and feel bad for not paying closer attention and probably falling asleep during the sermon about Jesus and the Ghostbusters it's time to sharpen up on your Bible quotes.
.
Check out this sweet sadistic bible verse gear from the fine and fanatical folks over at Landover Baptist (it's where the worthwhile worship you know . . . bet even the worthwhile and saved can't say that five times fast). They've emblazoned the choicest of bible verses onto everything from teddy bears to gitch to coffee cups. Let the breeders in your office know how you really feel about the froot of their looms with this mug in the coffee room Monday morning.
.
And finally here's an interview of Jesus carried out by none other than Mr. Ron Burgundy.
.
Here's a good news/bad news item; seems that according to this article the stink in farts controls blood pressure. Now infer what you like from I'm implying but based on this information it seems to me that my blood pressure must be wicked high these past few days.
.
Since The Quantum of Solace is opening today here's a link to a collection of classic Bond novel cover art, but to see the pics you've got to scroll down, scroll way down.
.
And I'll sign off with something a little racy - seems not only did Katy Perry kiss a girl, and I hear she liked it, she also popped out of her top while performing at a charity concert in Toronto, and of course The Sun was there.
.
I liked that.

No comments: