Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Explain to me this . . .

So I was in Shelbyville yesterday and asides from committing a random act of Wal-Mart and making a Can-Tire run, as well as of course attending to my work duties, come on now folks, you know I'm dedicated and what not, I got to put gas in my truck for 79.4 cents per litre.
.
Gas in town is bumping between 94.5 and 94.9 cents per litre at the moment, depending on the station, but gas is normally 10 cents per litre cheaper in Dryden, so 15 cents is a little larger gap than normal, but the real kicker was day before last I got a delivery of home heating oil. That's the dyed stuff that says it doesn't have all the highway taxes that regular diesel would so it should be super cheap, because aren't we always being told that over 1/3 the cost of a litre of gasoline is tax?
.
No matter, anyway the heating oil I got just two short days ago was 90 cents per litre. Go figure . . . I mean what's the world coming to when I could heat my house cheaper with gasoline than with heating oil . . . although if I tried I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about heating my house any more because it would just be a smoking pile of rubble.
.
But hey I'll take that 90 cents per litre oil after all it was $1.11 at my last fill up.
.
Yeah yeah I know, piss and moan piss and moan.
.
Maybe I need to liven things up here a bit, eh? So how about I tell you about the film Black Dynamite, check out the trailer. Now you can't tell me that this doesn't look awesome. Although I think that tracking down this one will prove as difficult as getting a copy of Zombie Strippers, but I'm sure it will be just as rewarding.
.
I'm out of time for this morning, but for those of you thinking about going up to the Northwest Territories and getting your freak on, you may want to think twice after you read about how the government there has sounded the alarms over a resurgence of syphilis. Territorial health officials say that it's spread from neighbouring Alberta, which is a likely story but I have to admit it sounds better than saying you got it from a toilet seat or from trying on some jeans at the mall.
.
But hell, as far as STD's go this one can't be all bad, if it's good enough for royalty it's got to be good enough for you, right?

No comments: