Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Writing Stuff

Well apparently it's good news for the Sioux Lookout Flyers fan out there, word on the street is that a mysterious hockey and money losing loving man from Winnipeg and a collection of local businessmen have given the team an injection of life, aka cashish, and they'll be around at least for this season. There's some info on the team website and in the local rag.
.
There's also a team meet and great at the Legion after one of their games this weekend, I'm sure I've seen both Sunday and Saturday listed as the date depending on the source, so let's hope it's Saturday because Sunday is Grey Cup Sunday and even though no one likes the CFL everyone will be watching this game.
.
No matter, congratulations Sioux Lookout Flyers, best of luck to you and once again I look forward to not attending any of your games.
.
Since I mentioned the local paper earlier, I feel the need to mention this; in the paper again this week is another write up extolling the virtues of being a loca-vore. Me I prefer the message in this article which is basically "Food miles are for jerks who hate the environment." and make some good points to support this stance, or at least they do in my opinion. But what do I know of such things, I'm positive each side is skewing the facts to suit their own agendas.
.
All I have to say about this is to quote the words of the great orator and icon of our times, Mr. Ralph Wiggum, "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Be prepared to be shocked and amused at the leader's of tomorrow completely unmazing grasp of the Engrish language.
.
Now it's time for a little kitsch with a nice collection of some sweet paintings on velvet. There are some truly awesome ones in there, I mean before seeing this I never would have put the King of Kings and the (alleged) King of Rock together. My folks had a sweet painting of deer/bush scene on velvet on the living room wall forever with a frame quite similar to the one around this bad boy.
.
Well that's her for now, but I will leave with some pics of Kim Kardashian on a Miami beach. You know I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave.

No comments: