Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, December 01, 2008

Did you fire up your Advent Calender?

Seems that Advent started yesterday, and I still don't have a cheap ass advent calender with the the tiny bits of cheap chocolate, that are most likely actually brown wax, hiding behind each of the little perforated cardboard doors. Ah the memories . . . last year was at least 12 months ago.
.
And even if it more than 12 days away, I'm going to share with you the 12 Days of Christmas, Winnipeg Style. This only even moderately amusing if you're at all familiar with the River City . . . although I'm glad they mentioned the stalled cars (I've been many places and I swear Winnipeg has the highest concentration of cars with hoods up in the left turn lane of anywhere . . . this is of course a purely subjective observation) but I am disappointed with the lack of mention of having your stolen. Maybe that hits a little too close to home though.
.
The inclusion of the Go Jets Go sign is also a nice touch as well - I swear I can't go to any event in Winnipeg without there being a drunk jackass screaming "Go Jets Go". Someone should let the fine folks in Transcona know that they got their wish back in 1996 they went Jets went to Phoenix to become the Coyotes.
.
But fear not delusional Winnipeg hockey fans, you might not support the Moose and may not have supported the Jets and NHL salaries may be growing exponentially, but you've got a new arena so the Jets are on their way back . . . some day . . . maybe.
.
No matter, back to the important thing, Giftmas. In case you've got a geek or two no your card list perhaps you'd be interested in one of these 11 sweet Christmas Cards for that special pocket protector sporting, calculator watch wearing, comic book reading, D&D playing person in your life. Trust even if you don't think these are funny, they will. Don't ask how I know that though.
.
And of course more important than cards or trees or any of that is the oh so special television holiday special, and you're in luck because EW has compiled their 25 favourites here. I don't know about you, but Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas narrated by Mr. Boris Karloff is a definite must watch for me.
.
But maybe you're more a punker and Fear's Fuck Christmas is more up your alley.
.
That's her for now, until next time GO JETS GO!

No comments: