Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, December 08, 2008

On the first day of Giftmas my true love gave to me . . .

Well 'tis the season or close to it anyway, so let's get the giftmas flowing with some guy's collection of the top Christmas inspired music videos. I can say there are some real winners in that collections but I for one honestly cannot believe that The Fairytale of New York was left off that list - or hell any list of Christmas songs - I mean it's almost enough to make you want to go out and start a dysfunctional relationship with someone just so you can fight with each other like that. Only I hope your mental/special someone has a nicer smile than Shane MacGowan does.
.
Although it's another one that I do enjoy I'm not as surprised that it didn't make that list, but it easily could have, Bob & Doug MacKenzie's (who are coming back to TV in cartoon form) 12 Days of Christmas. I mean who doesn't want five golden tuques and 7 packs of smokes?
.
While we're rocking the 12 Days of Christmas, how's about taking a look at Twisted Sister's version of it, The Heavy Metal Christmas. In fact Twisted Sister released an entire Christmas record a couple years ago aptly called Twisted Christmas with twisted versions of other Christmas classics like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Come All Ye Faithful.
.
Where's Tipper Gore & the PMRC now?
.
And since I've already started to metal up your Christmas record collection how's about taking a look at Monster Ballad Xmas which I'm sure you've figured out now consists of hair metal bands doing Christmas songs, like Skid Row doing Jingle Bells, Dokken rocking Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Tom Keifer, from Cinderella, having a Blue Christmas.
.
And one last holiday song for today - forget about Sandler's Hanukkah Song because here's one for all your non-believing friends out there, The Atheism Song.
.
I know I kinda missed the boat (pun entirely intended) on this one, but here's a bit of a great online graphic novel telling the story of the first Thanksgiving, The First Thanksgiving: An Almost Graphic Representation. Trust me it's worth the read, it made me laugh, but then again I'm a bad person.
.
And from the bad news front, looks like everyone's favourite classic pinup girl, Ms Bettie Page, is critically ill after having a heart attack. I guess no matter how big a cult following you may or may not have sooner or later you will dance with the Reaper. Here's to speedy recovery. Here's Bettie in action from 1950 or maybe you prefer Bettie's pinup work? Or her bondage photos?
.
Well that's her for now, but I will leave you with a list of the 11 Lamest Blogs on the Net, thankfully this one didn't make the list this time . . . hows about your's?
.
That's it for today, now take off, eh.

No comments: