Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Say What?

I'm not really sure if it's true or not, but I just read this and had to share, but apparently five years ago today Hitler became a Mormon. Yep you read that right none other than Der Fuhrer himself was baptised into the Church of Latter Day Saints in a ceremony held in their London temple.
.
Apparently the CLDS uses this strange, well strange to me, retroactive baptism ceremony to ensure that other non-Mormon relatives/ancestors will be able to join them in heaven at the right hand of the Lord. I'm sure they draw line at pets though so Fido will have to stay in puppy heaven. Sorry about that.
.
I don't know about you but that's a bit much for me, but what's the difference between baptising someone who no longer has the chance to decide for themselves and having babies baptised before they have the chance to? I wonder if the Mormons think it's okay to baptise anyone who isn't there or can't decide for themselves into their church or they just do it for the dearly departed?
.
I dunno, but I think I'll stick to being a devout Pastafarian.
.
All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch your lives with his noodley appendage.

No comments: