Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, December 12, 2008

Half Hearted Entry

Got some time to kill between the airing of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfits Toys and the Stephen Colbert Family Christmas Special and looking for something to do? Well look no longer, because here's an interesting quiz, 101 Amazing Earth Facts. I liked it but I like trivia.
.
Since Chrimbo has come up again, how about taking a look over at The Ship of Fool's 12 Days of Kitschmas?
.
I guess it was an act defiance, cheekiness or jingoism but according to this article prison work gangs of German soldiers from the Second World War planted a giant swastika in the bush. The article is missing something, something very important. A damned photo of the forest in question. Good thing Wikipedia is around with a photo in their write up on the subject.
.
At least this site full of the mad and amazing designs and pictures that rice farmers have made in their paddies has pictures, and it's a damned good thing too because the site just comes up as gibberish on my computer. Must be an Asian font or something.
.
In some news closer to home, I think this article proves that Winnipeg is fucked and the Royal Albert Arm's is one rough place. I mean how many other times have you read about an accused killer who admits to making an agreement with someone to be killed, cooked and eaten? And it's the guy on trial who wanted to be eaten. At least he had the common decency to want to be cooked first. Eating him raw would have been savagery.
.
Here's an article for you that is proof that too much of a good thing is bad; seems that an Englishman has died from bleeding to death caused by over picking his nose. And here my mum only ever told me not to do it because my head would cave in.
.
And here's a bit of news that made me weep a little; according to this article Corey Feldman says that Goonies 2 isn't going to happen. I think that I'll stay in my little bubble for a while longer and hold out hope for this film, because you know what they say, Goonies never die!
.
Anyone wanna go on a Goonies Vacation?
.
Well that's about her for now, but I will leave you with this lovely little comic about friends and dating. It made me laugh anyway.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Oh, good times at the Royal Albert! I'm so sure some of my friends used to haunt that place and to think they may have had to make dinner of someone after.....eek!