Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Itchy Feet

Between the book that I'm currently reading, actually devouring, and watching episodes of The Long Way Down on the National Geographic Channel (if you're not working (like me), or considering shagging off work on Monday they're running a marathon of the ten episode series started at 10 AM Central Time) I've got the urge to have my own motorcycle adventure . . . granted it'll have to wait after all I am locked in the heart of winter and I think that I should get a larger bike for it, even if Ms. Pryce did make her journey from Alaska to the Southern Tip of South America on the same bike that I own (albeit different years), me on the bike is like two of her.
.
If you've never had the urge for such a trip yourself, perhaps the series (or McGregor & Boorman's other trip the Long Way Round) and the book will make you think that maybe this is something that I want to do as well . . . although it would be hard to get the kind of support that The Long Way guys got for the average person like you or I.
.
Well best be going now, almost time for another TV series that makes me want to take a little trip.

No comments: