Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Geeks of the World Unite

Well okay maybe not the world, but how about northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and the Skatch? The Manitoba Comicon is only a few months away now, I didn't get to go last year (I went to South East Asia instead) but some friends did, and this year looks even bigger and better . . . and chock full of celebs, with the likes of Lou Ferrigno (fresh off a sweet cameo in the latest Incredible Hulk film), Supergirl (I wonder if she still looks like this?) and Boomer from the original Battlestar Galactica.
.
I think I'll part with the $20 for the autograph and photo with Lou Ferrigno, for some reason that totally seems worth it.
.
I'm planning to hit this up, better start saving now so I can afford the gas to get there and back eh? Should be sweet, and who knows maybe there'll be some good costumes to check out. And someday I will hit the mother of all cons - the San Diego Comic-con, now that'd be sweet. Imagine a building full of people where I'd be one of the coolest ones there?
.
I'm running behind so this is going to have to be cut short today, but you've gotta check out the Retarded Policeman videos on Youtube. There are several videos up there, and I have to see each one I watched was literally laugh out loud funny, but this one was a favourite. So far they've all been gold, but maybe I'm only laughing because I'm a bad person . . . well how about a little from column A, a little from column B.
.
You may recall me pissing and moaning a while ago about the water rates in my town skyrocketing, well I've gotten my first bill under the new regime and it's gone up about $12.00 for the month, sure that's not a ton, another 40 cents a day . . . but it's an almost 19% increase. And there's only two people in this house . . . I'd hate to be family man right now . . . well at anytime really, but that's whole different matter.
.
And here I thought the town CAO said that we'd save money under this new scheme? Looks like he was confused and I was right . . . again. And in case you're wondering, no it doesn't get old.
.
Well that it's for now - enjoy some more Retarded Policeman and see you next time.

No comments: