Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Worst. Cover. EVAR!?!

It's video challenge two time - this could quite possibly be the worst cover ever. Can you top it? Please please please top it, and my only ground rule is that any covers by Sheryl Crow are not allowed to be entered.
.
It amazes me how such a good singer can so unsuccessfully perform other people's songs, I mean she proved it when she released a cover of G'n'R's Sweet Child o' Mine, Zeppelin's D'yer Maker and brutal cover of a June Carter-Cash tune on the Johnny Cash Tribute show (which I can't quickly find a video for) . . . but her duet with Willie Nelson for If I Were a Carpenter is pretty good overall, but it kinda goes for a shit for a while in the 2nd verse.
.
Feel free to submit some Nicky 9 Lines if you want though.
.
This isn't one of the worst covers ever, in fact it's one of my favourites, and I'm a guy who loves cover songs, and the video is flat out amazing. If it doesn't grab your heart you're a god damned robot or a Communist or a Communist Robot,. Either that or maybe I'm a huge pussy . . . no matter, it's still a damned fine video.
.
I'm outta here, the sun's supposed to stay out all day today too. Maybe I should call in sick . . .

No comments: