Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Heil Knitler!

Nope that wasn't a typo - there's an enterprising English woman who has developed knitting patterns of some of history's worst baddies in case the one thing missing in your life is a cuddle with a soft plush Pol Pot, Idi Amin or der Fuhrer himself, among a few others. You can read a bit about the women/her business here if you're so inclined.
.
In case you're a bit of a geek as well you may be interested to know, or more likely already know, it's Nazi week on the History channel. Check it out yo, so far it's been pretty good even if I've seen most of the shows already. So far I haven't seen any coverage of Hitler's questionable relationship with his neice, but maybe they're saving the racy stuff for Friday night.
.
Now it's time for the rock. We all now know that Metallica is releasing a new album, Death Magnetic, and here's the album cover art (it's either a coffin shaped hole with magnetic field lines around it or a stylised hairy vagina drawn by someone with limited exposure to the va-jay-jay) if you're interested. Not bad not great, and definitely not Master of Puppets. Let's all hope the music is way way way more awesome than the cover.
.
Metallica have also released a track list for the album. I don't know why they had to write another sequel to The Unforgiven . . . after all sequels are never as good as the original.
.
While we're on a Metallica kick, how about Metallica covering Maiden's Remember Tomorrow from the album Maiden Heaven: A Tribute to Iron Maiden. It's pretty good, but I think I prefer the original in this case, but this isn't one of my favourite Maiden songs, or close to it. I do think that I will look for this record, I am a big fan of cover songs and Maiden, so how can you go wrong?
.
Well I'm short on time so I'm outta here, but I will leave you with this gem, just in case you're hankering for a chocolate cake but can only spare five minutes to make it. No need to thank me now, but if you must I am partial to apple pie.
.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pie.
.
And don't forget if you're in the Toronto area (which you may be surprised to read isn't all of Canada) you should go see Zerg play at the Bovine tomorrow night. It will rock your socks clean off.

No comments: