Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, July 14, 2008

¿Quién es?

Well if you didn't already know, today is the 127th anniversary of the infamous William H. Bonny aka Henry Antrim, aka Henry McCarty aka Billy the Kid being shot to death in a dark room by none other than Sheriff Pat Garrett . . . or was he? Guess it depends on what source of information you believe. No matter, I'm sure he's dead now. In case you want to learn something about this, but you don't want to read anything on Billy or the Lincoln County Cattle War you can always watch the films Young Guns and its sequel and get a Hollywoodized version of it - and really isn't that all you need?
.
Ever wonder if you're that guy? Well wonder no longer, just go complete this easy 56 question quiz and find out. Personally I think that the quiz is missing a couple of key questions, like do you have or have you ever had a faux hawk and do you pop your collar. I am firm believer that if you are guilty of either these two offenses it's automatic D-bag status for you. There are even guys like this down at my local boozer (WTF there's a review for the Tavern on a Japanese TripAdvisor site?) and that's a sad sad thing . . . well it is to me . . . I'm sure they think quite differently in between conversations about gel and how much they can bench and what sweet mods they're going to do when they finally by that Type R (instead of just slapping the sticker they stuck on the POS they're currently driving) or Acura.
.
According to the quiz my "That Guy" temperature is warm. It's not my fault, there's a couple questions in there to trip me up . . . I mean what self respecting geek doesn't think this is hot? Actually this is hotter (just ask the guy on her left) . . . but no matter . . . so how do you rank? Sorry ladies, you'll have to look on your won to see if there's an "Are you that bird" quiz for you to complete.
.
So last night I was lucky enough to watch some of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, a rather good documentary about die hard classic video gamers and one man's efforts to topple the cult built around then Donkey Kong record holder by breaking a record that was set in 1984 or 1982 or something like that. It's a must watch, and I will be looking to watch the whole thing that's fo' sho'.
.
One of the fine people from the film was Roy Shildt, former World Record Holder for Missile Command, aka Mr. Awesome. And trust me he earned that name, see for yourself.
.
No matter if you're a video game wizard and think you can beat a record set up the video camera and get yourself playing and send the tape(s) into the good folks over at Twin Galaxies for authentication so that you may one day grace the hallowed halls of video game supremacy like Mr. Awesome (could that really be me?), Steve Wiebe or Billy Mitchell (isn't that sweet hair?).
.
Since we're talking video games, how about some photos from some video game influenced weddings, yep you read that right video game influenced weddings . . . although most of the pics seem to be of cakes.
.
That's all for now folks - but I will sign off with this beauty, a Thai prison recreation of Michael Jackson's Thriller video . . . complete with cowering afraid of the monsters lady . . . well lady-boy, but what do you expect it's a Thai prison. I know it's no Gorbachev, but it's pretty awesome and I have to say I prefer it to the original.

No comments: