Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Great News Everyone

According to this none other than Sarah Silverman is once again single; perhaps Jimmy Kimmel's loss could be my gain? I know it's early but Sarah if you're out there and interested in big bald hairy guys drop a line.
.
Since we're talking about Sarah Silverman, seems that she's going to be on the new Match Game that will air on TBS along with Norm MacDonald, Super Dave Osborne and Scott Thompson (no doubt playing Charles Nelson Reilly for a new millennium). I have to wonder if it will be as good as the original, as I can't see the networks letting anyone get away with the on air drinking and smoking that the original (well worth watching on GSN just to see Betty White making dirty jokes) was full of. The show had a good format and the panel of B-List celebs were usually pretty good, Brett Somers bashing on CNR for being gay and getting loopy, CNR smoking his pipe while wearing ascot and Richard Dawson hitting on every female contestant to grace the stage.
.
And you CNR is the shit when he's the subject of a Dead Milkmen song. Makes me want to have my own hilltop Nelson Reilly orgy with fifteen girls. Good times.
.
You can read more about it here if you're interested.
.
That's enough classic game show talk for now, how about something that'll maybe appeal to the freegans (just another breed of dirty hippy) out there, The Best Before Challenge. Check out the article by a Brit who over a two week stretch ate food increasingly past its best before date to prove the fact that we throw out too much good food or maybe it was just to piss off his wife. Nothing bad happened to the writer and the humour in the article is mint. Check out it, and don't just throw out that milk because it's on the sell by date, at least see if it's good first.
.
Since I brought up the soap dodgers again, maybe you'll be interested in this article about a set of Scottish vegan parents who brought their daughter up on a strict vegan diet and who at the age of 12 had to be admitted to hospital bone condition which has left her with the spine of an 80-year-old woman. I know now even as I type this there are people who will bombard me with information that it is possible to raise a healthy kid as vegetarian or vegan and that's probably right . . . I mean there are people all over the world who don't eat meat, although I'm sure for many it's a lifestyle that is forced on them by circumstance and not choice.
.
And being Scottish vegans I wonder if deep fried Mars bars are still okay to eat? I guess it would depend on whether it's friend in vegetable oil or animal oil . . . and whether or not there's really milk in the milk chocolate.
.
Unfortunately the article doesn't mention what happened to the 80 year old lady that they took the spine out of. Ba-dump-bump!
.
Maybe having a Mars bar based diet isn't so bad, check out this article (complete with what is quite possibly the most unappealing photo of a dude eating a chocolate bar (that's right chocolate bar, not candy bar) ever) about a guy who claims to have lived on them for the past 17 years. I wonder if he eats them all raw or has any deep fried?
.
I'm sure you've no doubt noticed I link to Wikipedia a lot here, and why not it's quick and easy and even if it's not the most accurate, it's close enough for rock and roll, or at least this shadowy corner of the interweb. But there are many other 'Pedias out there on the net, and here's Wired's compilation of the 8 best non-Wiki Pedias, like Dickipedia, which states:
.
"Gerald 'Geraldo' Rivera is a TV journalist, noted egotist, former talk-show host, and a dick."
.
And check out their Dr. Phil article . . . now he's truly and honestly a dick. I wonder if I can make a page there for myself?
.
The Uncyclopedia also gets a mention, a hugely amusing website which regular readers may remember from some post on here . . . or if I didn't post it before I meant to. Check out the entries for Toronto and Canadian Inventions.
.
That's it for today - and remember as a wise friend of mine said "Best before doesn't mean bad after."

No comments: