Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gimme a hell, Gimme a yeah

I don't know if you've heard this song yet, but I'm sure you have it's been getting a lot of play on Power 97 lately. Personally I think with a title like that and some of the hooks it's got going on it should be a whole lot more kick ass than what it is. It seems like a good part of the song is pretty rocking, then they go and crank the suck up, way up.
.
It's like it's Rev Theory's failed attempt at writing an Andrew W. K. song or something. Again just one man's theory here, but since you're here reading it you must put some stock into it. Or your hoping for a link with some boobies in it.
.
How about a great departure from rock, to something that those of you who are still regular Sesame Street viewers have already seen, but was new to me, it's Feist on Sesame Street telling us all how she loves counting to four, in song.
.
Feist isn't my usual taste in music but there's something about her voice and writing that appeals to me. Can't explain it, won't explain it, all I can say is I don't know music but I know what I like.
.
I have to say I've had a pretty underwhelming response to my latest video challenge, but I think that this would have been a good offering . . . although I'm not sure that it technically counts as a cover since they're quite obviously lip-syncing. No matter it's still chock full of awesome, and proof that there are people with more time to waste than yours truly.
.
But enough of the rock and ranting, this Andy Dick mugshot is easily one of the best celeb mugshots I've seen since Nick Nolte's. Seems that Mr. Dick had to learn the hard way what so many of us just know, you can't be disrobing teenaged girls without their permission, especially when you've got a pocketful of pot. Well knowing Andy Dick he didn't learn a god damned thing. Everyone loves a celebrity train wreck don't they?
.
You know what this post needs? Some minor geekery; so here goes. Seems that Barbie doll modelled on the DC comic character Black Canary is drawing some fire from critics for its bondage-y imagery (but then again what doesn't these days? You can't even swing a cat around by its tail or take a baby for a ride in the back of half ton without someone pissing and moaning about it) and it's not even released until September. You can read some more about it here if you like.
.
I don't know what the big deal is with this, I really doubt that there are going to be too many little girls clamouring for this one, it's made for the fan boys and collectors to put up on their shelves; like the Dana Scully Barbie & Fox Mulder Ken that was made.
.
While we're talking Barbie, how about this artwork (I don't know what else to call it) made up of 32,000 Barbie doll. I'm sure the artist is trying to make some kinda statement with the art, but if you have to explain it, are you really making the statement? It's like having to explain a joke, it's not funny if you have to tell someone why it's funny. But that is of course just mine opinion.
.
Well that's her for now, and remember when it's time to party we party hard.

No comments: