Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, July 28, 2008

Looking for a new job?

This isn't the job for me, or at least I don't think it is, but maybe it'd be up your alley? No matter seems that as of a few months ago (sorry for not posting sooner, can't find them all right away) the band GWAR was looking for a new Beefcake. Think you could fill his alien boots and latex shoulder pads? I'm sure it'd be fun, and I can promise they put on an awesome show (saw them in Winnipeg a few years ago at the Pyramid Cabaret).
.
If that isn't the job for you but you're still listing about displeased with your current spot in the world (Do you want to make more money? Of course we all do.) maybe you can gleen some inspiration or information from this interview from Entertainment Weekly with Alan Moore, one of the finest writers of our time and I am quite convinced that he can do no wrong.
.
I had no idea that he had such a hate on for the San Diego Comic-Con, well maybe hate on is too strong a word, but I guess I wouldn't like it much if I were in a building with several thousand pasty acne ridden basement dwellers worshipping my like some kind of god. I mean I could handle it from afar, but up close and personal, no thanks. Doesn't matter, I'm still going to check it out someday.
.
Since we're on the topic of the SDCC seems that Rose McGowan very nearly pulled a Britney (aren't Brazillian waxes with C-section scars sooo-oh sexy?) but looks like she remembered one - she's a lady and two - she's wearing a dress. From the pic can't tell if she remember to wear underpants or not, but if she could remember or okay be reminded that her body's nobody's body but her's, I'm sure she did. Check out this link if you're interested in seeing what very nearly could have been.
.
And since we're talking Rose McGowan looks like while at the Comic-Con she and boyfriend/producer Robert Rodriguez assured the world that Rodriguez's Red Sonja remake starring Ms. McGowan is a go. There's a brief write up about it here, but forget about the words you're just going to want to click that link for the two Red Sonja posters they have there.
.
The original Red Sonja with Brigitte Neilson (who if you don't remember her from when she was making movies, a sex symbol and married to Sly Stallone are probably more familiar with her celebrity trian wreck carreer on such great shows as the Surreal Life, Strange Love or Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew) was such a stinker I even realised it as a kid seeing the film in the theatre.
.
Time is running short on me so here's some bad news for soap dodgers, seems there's an Indonesian study that's reporting that eating too much of some soy products may contribute to . . . oh shit . . . what the hell was it? Oh yeah memory loss . . . either maybe it's that or the people who eat too much tofu smoke too much dope? Maybe that's it. But then again correlation isn't causation is it?
.
That's her for now - until next time.

No comments: